06 July 2014

Cafés and Farmers Markets

I went to the Otago Farmers Market today -- absolutely charming. Every Saturday, year round, come rain or come shine, this farmers market will be set up, right next to the Historic Dunedin Railway Station.

I loved that the locals would get up early and trudge through the cold, wet rain to support their Kiwi farmers and stock up on their produce, meats, eggs, and cheese for the week -- not to mention honey, chocolate, muesli, hummus, breads, and New Zealand whiskey. 


There was the folk singer with his guitar. There were booths selling hot coffee, porridge, crepes, soups, bagels, and churros. A great place for breakfast, no?

After the farmers market I went to a warm café with some lady friends to enjoy a "flat white" (which is like a cappuccino but with a higher proportion of coffee) and a date scone. 

I know coffee is a very cliché study abroad picture to post....but I should be entitled to post at least one, right? 



I hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment